View Single Post
Old 01.04.2012, 17:06
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
wichienmaat has no particular reputation at present
New to forums, I may be new to Switzerland soon!

Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum, though I have read posts for some time now. I am a Mexican diplomat, who might be posted soon to GVA.

I am currently engaged and live in Central America with my soon-to-be wife and our 5 cats.

Now here's where it gets tricky. I have read posts about areas to live and about living with pets. A move to GVA is not yet definite but it is one of the two main options they are talking about for my next posting.

I am quite concerned about the living situation, as I have read many posts here and see that it REALLY is a PITA.

So, considering all the above, I ask for the mercy of the Forum Gods and anyone else who could recommend areas to search on homegate.ch and similar. I would be able to deal with an hour commute to work, especially if it means a better place to live with our cats.

We would be interested in renting and our budget is around 1800 CHF. Maybe a little more if it's worth it but definitely not a huge headroom on that.

I should know for sure my next destination sometime in may/june, and the move for me would be in early august.

Thanks in advance for comments, advice, etc.!