View Single Post
Old 01.04.2012, 21:05
Forum Legend

Groaned at 407 Times in 316 Posts
Thanked 17,125 Times in 9,631 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New to forums, I may be new to Switzerland soon!

Well, that depends on where you're aiming to live to a certain extent. Yes, I know that doesn't seem to help a lot but, Lausanne which is the next big city east of Geneva is 45 minutes away by Swiss high speed train. However, many of the places inbetween may have longer journey times because they're serviced by slower trains and you may need to change trains as well. That's why the suggestion of a map so you can get some idea of where places are. I believe some of the house hunt websites can give you some help to see where a possible rental is in relation to Geneva, but you could also use www.sbb.ch which is the Swiss rail service to get more info on how long train journeys will be. If you find a place that looks reasonable then enter its name and Geneva to get train times up and any changes that need to be made. The site is in English, as are most of the house hunt ones.