View Single Post
Old 10.01.2008, 00:51
Forum Legend

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Richard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pension - Moving my UK pension to Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Which is? Maybe I'm slow today... but since the law governs transfers from Swiss institutions to European institutions (and among European institutions as far as the European body of law is concerned) in case of moving, I fail to see why the reciprocal transfer would not be allowed.
There is no possibility under current law to transfer pension funds from Swiss funds outside of the "Swiss/Li economic area". The Swiss will need to amend their pension law later in 2008 perhaps 2009 when the effect of the ruling by the European Court of Justice, on the illegality of disallowing cross border transfers is made into an EU wide law as part of the free movement of people to which the Swiss are a signatory. Also to the best of my knowledge, there is nothing in the BVG or FZG which prohibits the payment of funds in from foreign funds.

Last edited by Richard; 10.01.2008 at 13:15. Reason: added relevant detail