View Single Post
Old 20.04.2012, 10:49
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 68 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 5,052 Times in 1,797 Posts
crazygringo has a reputation beyond reputecrazygringo has a reputation beyond reputecrazygringo has a reputation beyond reputecrazygringo has a reputation beyond reputecrazygringo has a reputation beyond reputecrazygringo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any students out there?

Quote:
View Post
May I ask on what background you assert those statements? Do you hold a law degree yourself?

To answer your question, I want to study law in ZŁrich because I feel pretty confident that Iíll be spending the rest of my life here, as I have come to love this country, and my boyfriend and I are well settled here. And getting a degree from a Swiss university should give me a better job range once Iíve completed my studies. Walking into a Swiss firm and telling them I know all about Danish law wonít impress many employers here.

As for the admissions process for attorneys being tough, I donít really worry too much about it. First of all, I think I want to be a lawyer and not an attorney. Second of all, should I choose to become an attorney, itís the same terms for everyone else too
the questions were purely out of curiosity, I am actually an attorney (where I am licensed there is no distinction between "lawyer" and "attorney") and am always interested in the workings of other jurisdictions in terms of licensing, etc. best of luck to you with your studies.