View Single Post
Old 22.04.2012, 07:42

Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
lmerkel has an excellent reputationlmerkel has an excellent reputationlmerkel has an excellent reputationlmerkel has an excellent reputation
Re: How about a gardening thread?

Love this thread and going to keep on it. I was an avid gardener in NYC and lucky enough to have a backyard - so I grew almost every perennial and annual available in zone 5 (US) in a semi-shady/sunny space. Some success, some not. So if you go thru the Better Homes and Gardens book -- need advice, most likely I've tried it! It was my bible.

Now I live in Corseaux where we have a great backyard but windy, although south facing. Never grown veg before (in NYC can see why - critters), but here got lettuce (iceberg and red leaf) in early March which is just astounding now!!!! Have the herbs, rosemary, thyme and lavender. Also going like crazy.

I keep them watered as they want (I've killed many rosemary by overwatering), and out of the high winds. Also bought 3 boxwood trees that are happy.

When we don't get down to freezing here at night, going to get the basil, tomatoes, peppers.... Most likely next week.