View Single Post
Old 24.04.2012, 14:27
Forum Legend

Groaned at 35 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 4,116 Times in 1,830 Posts
Anjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Merck Serono layoffs

Quote:
View Post
First, thoughts go out to you Anjela and anyone else affected by this.

But I find it quite bizarre that they must have invested millions if not billions in totally re-doing the Geneve Secheron site over the past few years, even still ripping and rebuilding as of last fall I believe. Now you have a whole brand new campus of prime GVA realestate that will be a ghosttown. Converting it to housing would be too logical for Geneva authorities though I believe.
A lot of the re-doing (as far as the original building is concerned) has been repair work to what was an experimental/environmental building in the first place.
There's been a lot of expansion into other preserved and renovated buildings on site and there's a huge hole by the entrance to the underground carpark that's supposed to be new office space or labs. The original building isn't suitable for converting to housing, large parts of it aren't really suitable for offices either as it was custom designed for laboratories.
This user would like to thank Anjela for this useful post: