View Single Post
Old 30.04.2012, 18:10
Forum Legend

Groaned at 520 Times in 337 Posts
Thanked 4,258 Times in 1,944 Posts
JBZ86 has a reputation beyond reputeJBZ86 has a reputation beyond reputeJBZ86 has a reputation beyond reputeJBZ86 has a reputation beyond reputeJBZ86 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Grill party in the apartment

The rule is: what is ok for them is not necessarily ok for you!
I have some strange rules in my place, I rarely follow them but they have been pointed out, such as drying clothes on balcony in the sun, leaving canopy open etc. I had to chuckle when these things were being brought to my attention in a serious manner amongst other minute crazy stuff such as how long you can dry clothes, less than 24 hours by the way.
So you can imagine my surprise when the downstairs couple lit up their charcoal BBQ this weekend and the whole block and balconies were awash with smoke......and with everyone enjoying the sun on the balconies this weekend, I expected it wouldnt be long before something was said. But..... would you believe it, it was all good! No complaints!
Just have a few spare burgers ready to offer the neighbours, but it should be fine.
re: choice of bbq. Charcaol defo gives the best flavour in my opinion. But, take 40 odd minutes to get ready to cook on, and cause a lot of smoke as mentioned. I picked up a gas bbq, with the charcoals in the bottom that heat up, was couple hundred at inter discount, and its great. You need to let it burn off the residual brand newness before it tastes real good tho.