View Single Post
Old 02.05.2012, 10:04

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
JR1965 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Barbecues / Grills - what to get ?

Quote:
View Post
Hello foodies

I really fancy eating a load of barbecue this summer - I guess the hot weather's getting to me !

At the moment I've got a little spherical charcoal grill which sits a few inches off the floor, meaning I have to cook all squatted down. My guests get to ogle my builder's bum which I'm sure puts them right off the food

It's also a bit of a hazard with kids around (the grill, not my bum).

So what replacement can you recommend ? I'm leaning towards gas for convenience and for it being a bit cleaner, but I sort of still think coal is 'the right way' to do it. Is there a hybrid - gas on one side with a little coal section ? What do you use - and while you're thinking about it - what do you like to cook ?

One of my favourites is tandoori pork loin - you can buy those long pork loins in the supermarkets here - I call them 'weasels' to gross out my guests, but slather one of those in a good tandoori sauce, start it slow in the oven and finish on the grill - oh lord it's good !
Being new in Switzerland I have not scoped out BBQ as I purchased a new one just before leaving Canada. what is becoming extremely popular is the double drum...you have both options one side is coal the other gas / propane ...I was on the verge of buying one but for ease and comfort stuck to the propane....They maybe available here..