View Single Post
Old 04.05.2012, 08:32
Unbridled Mod

Groaned at 641 Times in 408 Posts
Thanked 16,200 Times in 6,335 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My dog nearly died last night!!!

Quote:
View Post
Little Herbie was playing on our lawn (completely enclosed and quite small) last night running and jumping like a 9 month puppy should. He then suddenly stopped and made a funny noise and then vomited big time.
He then collapsed completely , his pupils were dilated and his eyes lolling around. His gums became as white as his teeth and he started to pant with his tongue out.
We rushed him to the tier spital in Zurich , he was as limp as a dishcloth on the way there but came around slightly when we got there. He was covered in red blotches on his belly and his tongue and lips were swollen.
He was placed on a drip and given cortisone straight away.
Clearly it looks like some allergic reaction leading to anaphylactic shock.
We had to leave him there overnight and at this time I do not know if he made it or not - we are awaiting a call.
Anyone one else come across this before? I have to say the same thing happened some weeks ago and it is very worrying. Maybe wasps/bees in the grass?
Any clues from someone who has had the same experience would be helpful?
I'm hoping he made it.
I'm very sorry to hear that! Something to consider, I keep reading stories of poisoned pets, where some a*****e who doesn't like animals would drop poisoned laced doggy snacks. Check the area where your dog was playing for unusual food items.
The following 8 users would like to thank lost_inbroad for this useful post: