View Single Post
Old 08.05.2012, 16:16

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
bedevil has an excellent reputationbedevil has an excellent reputationbedevil has an excellent reputationbedevil has an excellent reputation
Re: End of tenancy cleaning - DIY?

I cleaned everything myself after moving from a 2.5 room flat. Cleaning on the day before the handover wasn't too bad because I had done a really thorough cleaning of every crevice as I packed up. When the day of inspection came, I did a quick run through of every room and made sure every surface was dust free and clean. In the end there were only 2 things the hauswart asked for me to reclean before we left (a 2 level cabinet the height of the oven that I didn't know could be removed from the hinges, and the windowsill outside the bathroom window, which I honestly had forgotten to even clean).

That being said, I also regularly kept things like the shutters clean (we had a huge farm & field behind the house so they were always covered with pollen otherwise).

If you clean your bathroom & kitchen regularly then the clean up in there shouldn't be that bad either -- just making sure to get all the small things you sometimes overlook (make sure the drain pipes are clean too!).

We were also lucky enough to be here for the hand over inspection of the vacating tenant, so we know exactly what the hauswart will be looking for when we leave.
The following 2 users would like to thank bedevil for this useful post: