View Single Post
Old 10.05.2012, 11:09

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
KayZoubi is considered knowledgeableKayZoubi is considered knowledgeableKayZoubi is considered knowledgeable
End of tenancy cleaning - DIY?

When I lived in a 2.5 zimmer or a studio I cleaned myself. Well, I asked a bunch of my friends to come over for a cleaning party and I paid for Pizza and Beer afterwards! It always went well for me and I never got fined anything ! note, I always asked one of my good Swiss picky friends to check the place and approve it before handover date and they always pointed out things I would never have thought about, such as cleaning filters of tabs in kitchen and toilets, cleaning the shutters from outside, cleaning the top of the door frames , shinning the aluminum window frame from the outside, replacing shower hose and replacing any kitchen or toilet bulb that is not working !! So, I guess if you can pay attention to those sort of details and you have the time and energy to do so , then yes , clean yourself and save the money.

I also moved from a 4.5 Zimmer place and for sure hired a cleaning company since I had no Energy to clean and had to move and clean on same weekend !

Good luck with your move, it`s a hassle but it always a great feeling one the move is done, your unpacked and you set in your new living room admiring the new place
The following 2 users would like to thank KayZoubi for this useful post: