View Single Post
Old 10.05.2012, 11:29
Forum Legend

Groaned at 522 Times in 414 Posts
Thanked 23,274 Times in 9,405 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: End of tenancy cleaning - DIY?

Quote:
View Post
I always asked one of my good Swiss picky friends to check the place and approve it before handover date and they always pointed out things I would never have thought about, such as cleaning filters of taps in kitchen and toilets, cleaning the shutters from outside, cleaning the top of the door frames ...

I also moved from a 4.5 Zimmer place and for sure hired a cleaning company since I had no Energy to clean and had to move and clean on same weekend !
That's the point I was trying to make earlier.

Things that some people don't even think to clean, (the things you describe, and which your Swiss friend spotted) the Swiss may clean on a regular basis.

We regularly clean the filters on our taps and at least a couple of times a year, clean the shutters on the outside.
Our dishwasher was not draining properly last week so I ordered and fitted a new drainage pump gasket. Routine maintenance.
Our kitchen extractor fan would pass an inspection now. The filters were in the dishwasher last night and the rest was cleaned (it wasn't that dirty because it gets done regularly).

I'm not Swiss but my wife is
This user would like to thank Tom1234 for this useful post: