View Single Post
Old 10.05.2012, 21:05

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
oscarsmum has a reputation beyond reputeoscarsmum has a reputation beyond reputeoscarsmum has a reputation beyond reputeoscarsmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: End of tenancy cleaning - DIY?

Quote:
View Post
What was wrong with it?

(This may help others).
After reading your post I realise it probably would have been a bit more sensible had I said what the problems were....sorry for that.

We had no carpets, but marble/tiled floors throughout, and according to the person who came from Remax they weren't clean/shiny enough. Ditto the marble tops in the bathrooms. Pretty impossible to achieve without a buffing machine.

The outside metal shutters weren't clean enough. Actually it wasn't so much the outside of them it was the inside that caused the problem, the part against the window. I found it virtually impossible to clean the inside of the shutters without then messing up the windows....which then needed re-doing.

I also asked a Swiss older friend to come and see what she thought and she pointed out some things she thought would help. (This woman unscrews the switchplates from her lightswitches on a regular basis, puts them in a mesh bag and washes them in the dishwasher with her dishes....so I felt she was the ideal person to ask.)

I've drawn a line under the whole experience.....and as I said before I won't take a chance the next time, it'll be a cleaning company from day one.