View Single Post
Old 15.05.2012, 08:28
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 63 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,115 Posts
KeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: End of tenancy cleaning - DIY?

I just had correspondence with my leasing agency/landlord regarding the end cleaning (at my own initiation, because I am having a terrible time finding a cleaner who will take the job without my being an existing customer.

The agency said, "No problem, we will organise it for you, and for your 3.5 room apartment the charge is 700CHF. We'll simply take it out of your deposit."

Wow. 700CHF... That's more than I was expecting to pay (about double). So I looked a little harder, and googled, instead of "Endreinigung" I started to look for "Umzugsreinigung" and the prices were even higher! I was finding quotes over 1,000CHF. Unbelievable.

So I'm going to go with the agency at nearly 700CHF. But I didn't pay a deposit, and I went with SwissCaution. So, does anybody know how that will work?

Will SwissCaution be looking to recoup the cost from me? Should I notify SwissCaution and say "Hey guys, this is going to happen, I know it's going to happen, and I am willing to pay for it? or should I just wait for the bill and presume that they'll be mitigating some of the costs down?

Or should I just send the agency 700CHF so they don't have to deal with SwissCaution?