View Single Post
Old 15.05.2012, 12:07
Forum Legend

Groaned at 491 Times in 320 Posts
Thanked 4,099 Times in 1,952 Posts
CorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sending money from Switzerland to UK

Quote:
View Post
I have the 'Plus' set at PostFinance and regularly transfer money between my Swiss account and my HSBC account. There are no fees at either end -- no sending fee at the PostFinance end (free SEPA transfers are included in my 'Plus' set) and no receiving fees at HSBC.

Just to be absolutely certain there are no receiving fees at Santander, you can specific that you (as the sender) will bear all costs. In the PostFinance online banking environment, this choice is offered on the 3rd screen of 'International Transfer' -- you want to mark the transfer as 'ourcost'.

hey, as said above SEPA is for "euros" only. So if you transfer chf to gbp then it's not a SEPA and they must apply charges.

Also, beware of the "our cost" option in PostFinance because the receiving bank can also charge you some money!!! (read the our cost terms and guidelines). I got screwed once!!!!

They explained that it's about insuring that the "third parties" banks would take anything, but not the "last receiving bank".
For example you have no control on where your money transit from bank A (yours) to B (the receiving one).
So they can do A--> C----> B.
Where C would also take some money off...

crooks, as usual.

So if you select "our cost", Postfinance will charge you 20chf, but also the receiving bank can charge some "processing /admin fees".