View Single Post
Old 16.05.2012, 09:08
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
irish_temptation has a reputation beyond reputeirish_temptation has a reputation beyond reputeirish_temptation has a reputation beyond reputeirish_temptation has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Should parents of small kids (3 yo) stay with their kids in other kids birthday p

I would be careful in assuming that parents are expected to stay. Normally a party in Switzerland is without parents. If a child can stay alone at a playgroup it should be able to do the same at a birth day party at someone elses house. Call the mother and ask her. It depends a lot on the party and how many children will be there. Three years is definitely young so it might be that parents are welcome too. This should, however, be mentionned on the invitation. If it doesn't say anything about that I would ask but think that parents are not invited. It might be that the mother asked two or three parents she knows well to help her out but I don't think that everyone is supposed to be staying. This is at least how it was when I was young but birthday parties did not start until kindergarten back then so then it was clear that parents would not be present.
This user would like to thank irish_temptation for this useful post: