View Single Post
Old 23.05.2012, 18:13

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
arisberna has no particular reputation at present
Re: Final cleaning: self or cleaning agency?

Hi,

in my experience depends from the situation your are in:

1. Did you havea a cleaning lady before? Because if you did, then the apartment should be pretty clean and most important was kept clean. Most of the time people need to clean it once a week in order to avoid any final cleaning shock!!! If you didn't get a cleaning person before, then it will be best for your to get a company. Of course you can do it yourself if you have time to waste...

2. Is the apartment old or new style? Usually in old style apartment the imperfection you leave behind are more remarkable.. therefore is harder to clean it yourself.

In my experience, I had a cleaning person coming from time to time and when I had to move I did it myself.. hold on...

the owner had complain and had it clean it again... but I paid around 100 chf instead of the 600-700 chf the cleaning company wanted for my apartment...

so your choice..

Cheers,
Aris

Quote:
View Post
The date of final cleaning approach for many tenants in Switzerland! A friend of mine says that he wants to clean his apartment himself !

From experience I know this is not a good idea because the owner will perhaps not quite clean enough. I know they look around until all the hidden corners. My opinion is he must take a cleaning agency with guarantee. That way if the owner is not happy, the cleaners are there to redo the work and my friend can immediately back his money to the bank!

What are your experiences?