View Single Post
Old 27.05.2012, 21:50

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
daisym has no particular reputation at present
Re: End of tenancy cleaning - DIY?

Hello,

Any tips on how to clean the glass shower cubicle? I also had one in my flat and it's quite old. It looks like it's impossible to clean the surface completely. I don't know if it's because it reacts with the soap and shampoo during a shower.

For the filter extracter, I also tried to clean it myself and with a dishwasher, but there's still a lot grease inside.

Does anyone know the life time of a filter extracter? Can I simply ask the landlord to replace it and pay it according to how long it was already used?

Quote:
View Post
I cleaned my 3.5 apartment myself. It took forever. The worst part was the glass shower cubicle; it was a bloody nightmare to clean. As a result of that cleaning experience I will never buy one myself!

But, the landlady was happy and very impressed with my cleaning skills. Especially noteworthy were the taps, which did not have a scratch on them.

I can also advise keeping a small supply of those small windscreen-cleaning kits they hand out at the carwash. During the inspection, the kitchen extractor hood was found to have a rouge collection of superfluous grease inside. Out with the emergency windscreen-cleaning kit and all was cleaned, with a fresh lemon smell to boot.

She was very impressed indeed !

Next time I won't do it myself, though. Too much work.

Cheers,
Chris