View Single Post
Old 27.05.2012, 23:15
Forum Legend

Groaned at 125 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 7,640 Times in 3,575 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: End of tenancy cleaning - DIY?

Quote:
View Post
Hello,

Any tips on how to clean the glass shower cubicle? I also had one in my flat and it's quite old. It looks like it's impossible to clean the surface completely. I don't know if it's because it reacts with the soap and shampoo during a shower.

For the filter extracter, I also tried to clean it myself and with a dishwasher, but there's still a lot grease inside.

Does anyone know the life time of a filter extracter? Can I simply ask the landlord to replace it and pay it according to how long it was already used?
If you did not regularly clean the cubicle, you have your work cut out for you. Durgol Surface for baths is a good product.

The filter in the hood fan does need replacing after some years. It depends very much on how regularly it was cleaned and the type of cooking. What is the make and model number of your fan? Maybe post a picture.