Thread: IVF discussion
View Single Post
Old 28.05.2012, 08:39
Forum Legend

Groaned at 33 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 5,238 Times in 2,506 Posts
swisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond repute
Re: IVF discussion

Not wanting to minimise the realities of infertility and IVF, but I can recommend a book 'the natural way to better babies' and also seeing if you can find a 'billings method 'counsellor'. The book will give you a basic overview of the things you can be doing to improve your fertility through healthy diet, not smoking, etc. The Billings method counsellor can help you to identify the fertile periods in your cycle.

Although I did not personally experience fertility problems, my closest friend had a completely unexplained problem, after having her 'one in a million' baby conceived at the height of summer in south India, when she was very ill (only had sex once that month ).... and then using IVF for two further pregnancies. It took her quite a long time to get taken seriously as she was under 30 and already had one child, so it was assumed there were 'no problems'. Actually her menstrual cycle was 3 weeks and she only had periods that lasted 1-2 days, so not actually 'normal'.

IVF is definitely a very expensive rollercoaster... best of luck to you!