View Single Post
Old 07.06.2012, 17:22

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
byte has earned some respectbyte has earned some respect
Re: Opening a bank account on arrival, which bank is the cheapest on fees!?

Yes, I also second PostFinance. Their site is in English and much more user-friendly than UBS. I actually plan to abandon UBS altogether as in addition to their cumbersome site and stupid procedures, e.g., credit card payments where you can send money only one way, their staff are totally useless and arrogant.

Yes, I don't particularly like the PF card reader but there's no escape from this as all banks have something similar, just a bit simpler.

Also, PostFinance Card seems a very good alternative to Maestro - it's free to use from both the bank and the seller (e.g., Swiss don't have a surcharge on it while Maestro incurs one). And it can even be used online!

Their account maintenance fees are reasonable as well. Standard Online Set is free with assets above CHF 7500 and Plus Set (with additional perks like free cash withdrawal worldwide) is free after CHF 25000.

One problem with PostFinance - they do try to overcharge you every now and then but when you notice it (you really should), they immediately refund.