View Single Post
Old 09.06.2012, 18:19
Forum Legend

Groaned at 34 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 9,408 Times in 2,870 Posts
Slaphead has a reputation beyond reputeSlaphead has a reputation beyond reputeSlaphead has a reputation beyond reputeSlaphead has a reputation beyond reputeSlaphead has a reputation beyond reputeSlaphead has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ipad 2 16GB for CHF 299 @ Interdiscount

Well I'm now using mine, but it really fails in one important area for me, and that's portability. To be able to take it with me I need a bag, and I hate carrying bags with me. With respect to having to carry a bag I'd be better off with an 11" MacBook Air, but I can't complain about the iPad given the price.

Don't get me wrong I think it's a good device and I'm using it right now in one of my favourite bars, but I can see myself buying a smaller version should apple ever release one. Something like this should really be able to fit in a large jacket pocket.

And another thing, why does the keyboard have to take up half the screen in landscape mode. It's just a waste of screen space. Not to mention they've changed the keyboard layout from my iPhone, and, it seems, I can't use a Swiss German layout if I want to type in English - damn you autocorrect.

Still, I can see why it's so in demand as a tablet computer. It is pretty cool.

Edit: Just had a call from my mum who's now back in England and she is absolutely loving hers. So, brownie points for me

Last edited by Slaphead; 09.06.2012 at 18:36.