View Single Post
Old 17.01.2008, 15:10
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
keep walking has no particular reputation at present
Re: Working conditions/RAV calculation for unemployment pension/ quiting job

Hi there. If things are so hard the person should sick legal advice. Unfortunately I am not aware of a council or something where the person could look for help.

For RAV though cause I have been there:
1st: the compensation is estimated based on the last 12 months provided that one has been working for 24 months ( in one or more companies). I am not sure what happens if this is not 24 months. I think that one gets a slightly smaller compensation. And this may also affect the maximum time (in moths) that allowance will be paid. So if for example the person in the last 12 monts had a gross salary per month of e.g. 5000 CHF the allowance of RAV is 70% of that.

2nd: Clearly if you quit a job allowance maybe delayed from 1 to 3 months. In RAV they will not care that much why one has quitted- well mainly at the beginning they will care- but as long as one shows that before quitting and while in RAV is searching for a job thatn it is fine. The best thing is to be honest. With me this had worked fine. I had even not taken a job that was offered to me and after I explained the reasons- very simple ones...that the market was high enough and I would soon be able to find a much better job for my qualifications and if i would go to the offered job i would leave indeed in the probezeit- i was not penalized. Of course this is something that you are allowed maybe to do once and depends on the person with whom you speak in RAV every month. But my advice is to explain orally the real reasons-perhaps in a smaller degree than really are- and try to convince them that you (or the person in question) is looking for something slightly different.

Hope this helps.
This user would like to thank keep walking for this useful post: