View Single Post
Old 14.06.2012, 06:40
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 51 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 1,742 Times in 719 Posts
simplon has a reputation beyond reputesimplon has a reputation beyond reputesimplon has a reputation beyond reputesimplon has a reputation beyond reputesimplon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss mull tough benefit cuts for asylum seekers

Quote:
View Post
I've been wondering about asylum seekers as I have been chauffeuring one in our town each week to bring her kid (along with mine) to Spielgruppe. What I have been able to figure out is that they get 5 CHF/day per person to cover costs. The family is from Mongolia and have been here for 2 years. Otherwise, communicating is quite difficult...

So, do people come with some amount of their own money? I suppose maybe they are also given a ticket for public transport as well as housing? But still, I wonder how people manage here at 5 CHF a day...although she does have a cell phone and all, so it must not be too bad.

Really, I am just curious!
They get pocket money according to the size of the family. A family of four get between CHF 32.00 (when living in a centre) and CHF 38.00 (when living in a flat) a day. The costs of living like rent, insurances, clothing and food are paid separately