View Single Post
Old 14.06.2012, 08:23
Forum Legend

Groaned at 403 Times in 267 Posts
Thanked 17,420 Times in 5,352 Posts
olygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss mull tough benefit cuts for asylum seekers

Quote:
View Post
I've been wondering about asylum seekers as I have been chauffeuring one in our town each week to bring her kid (along with mine) to Spielgruppe. What I have been able to figure out is that they get 5 CHF/day per person to cover costs. The family is from Mongolia and have been here for 2 years. Otherwise, communicating is quite difficult...

So, do people come with some amount of their own money? I suppose maybe they are also given a ticket for public transport as well as housing? But still, I wonder how people manage here at 5 CHF a day...although she does have a cell phone and all, so it must not be too bad.

Really, I am just curious!
This is indeed a problem for the Gemeindes. Once the refugees are allowed to live here permanently, they often exist off the welfare programs of the local communities.