View Single Post
Old 14.06.2012, 08:45

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kaeso is considered knowledgeableKaeso is considered knowledgeableKaeso is considered knowledgeable
Quote:
View Post
No. And they are not able to afford to pay for it with the 5 CHF they get... Which is why they are often caught taking the tram illegally without ticket - which in turn then produces those statistics of the many criminal asylum seekers. (I fully understand that there is no human right for public transport and can equally understand that ZVV is not a charity... but I cannot understand that the Swiss prefer to hire cops to chase the fare dodgers instead of finding a solution to get them tickets...)
No cop is hired to chase ticketless passengers. Police is called when ticketless passengers are unable to prove their identity when they get fined by the transport agents. Also you don't commit a criminal offense when you ride without ticket. It is an administrative fine. So nobody increase the crime statistics by not paying a bus/train ticket you increase it by committing burglary or selling drugs. I can hardly think people do so because they can't pay public transportation.

If Swiss authorities provided free public transportation to asylum seekers I can imagine the reaction of the tax payers. Why not provide free public transportation to everybody then ? Cost maybe ?
This user would like to thank Kaeso for this useful post: