View Single Post
Old 14.06.2012, 21:43
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 7 Times in 1 Post
twinkletwinkle has earned some respecttwinkletwinkle has earned some respect
accused of shoplifting, but not really?

so, i would greatly appreciate some feedback on this situation (as it has never happened to me before, in any country i've ever lived in...) today, i was looking in a jewelry boutique. i found a necklace i liked, and i put it in my hand. the little girl i take care of was looking at other things (earrings, she just got her first pair and she is a proud little duck) and a store clerk followed me (discreetly, at first) to where she was standing (maybe 3 meters away). we looked for a little bit, and the woman followed me around. i was kind of shocked, but didn't know what to do. the little girl was really into looking around though, and as i had some money to get her a present, i didn't just want to leave. well then, the sales lady told me in awful swiss german (i understand the dialect here, but have no idea what hers was...) basically that i needed to hand her back the necklace that was in my hand. i was so shocked i spoke to her in english, that i wanted to buy the necklace. she then put out her hand, and was literally like "hand it over." i was flabbergasted. i shook my head at her, and walked away to the cash register, where another clerk checked me out. the awful sales clerk stood by the whole time shaking her head at me, and my cute little duck. i wish i could complain to a manager, but i don't think it'd be a good use of my time. i am just so shocked by the whole thing, and kind of traumatized, but at least i have a cute necklace.
The following 2 users would like to thank twinkletwinkle for this useful post: