View Single Post
Old 14.06.2012, 22:29
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 90 Times in 56 Posts
HAT is considered knowledgeableHAT is considered knowledgeableHAT is considered knowledgeable
Re: accused of shoplifting, but not really?

A few years ago (true story, maybe repeated here before):

To give you some congruence, my wife was once "held hard by her arm" by the Ferragamo shop salesgirl in Zurich BH-strasse, and accused of taking a wallet on sale without paying.

She was of course shocked. Then she took the saleswoman to the place where she replaced the wallet, and the woman let go of her arm.

My wife and her friend (both ethnically chinese ladies) were shocked and embarrassed. All the time the security guard shook his head, disbelieving the 2 chinese women.

It took me a call and an email to the HQ of Ferragamo Europe Sales Director, the shop called me and my wife to apologise. And guess who called? The sales manager (woman).
She spoke matter of fact, that she will "make a present" to my wife and then we can go to the shop to choose one. She also said the saleswoman was a temp worker. She DID NOT utter a word of apology during the call.

When i heard the sarcastic tone, a second email and a call to the Director.
I told him, we are Chinese and we are not beggars, and please educate your Zurich sales manager. It is no way to speak to customers. She should be fired! The sales manager of course apologised again and promised to look into the matter.
I promptly told him, that I worked with thousands of Chinese tourists, and this is the end for his brand.
I can only imagine his expression.
The following 4 users would like to thank HAT for this useful post: