View Single Post
Old 14.06.2012, 23:31
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 20 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,204 Posts
amaraya has a reputation beyond reputeamaraya has a reputation beyond reputeamaraya has a reputation beyond reputeamaraya has a reputation beyond reputeamaraya has a reputation beyond reputeamaraya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: accused of shoplifting, but not really?

that is the best to do for the smaller stores as they survive on word of mouth. we had a problem with a very small jewelry store here in lausanne- my husband bought me earrings and the woman said they don't give receipts, but not to worry as it was her mom's store he could just return them if i didn't like them.

when we went back they tried their best to say he was lying and didn't want to give the money. i was quiet until they accused us of lying as my french isn't as good as his and then i lost it---a small crowd started to gather as it is a kind of kiosk in the center and the woman finally gave the money back after telling me not to call her tu. no apologies though or anything though and at first she tried to give 30 chfs less. to this day i still make ridiculous gestures to whomever i am with when we pass, it still bothers me the way she accused us.

that being said you could simply go back and explain that you didn't like the treatment. best to show them that they can't intimidate you either.
This user would like to thank amaraya for this useful post: