View Single Post
Old 18.06.2012, 20:27
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 1,463 Times in 514 Posts
basher has a reputation beyond reputebasher has a reputation beyond reputebasher has a reputation beyond reputebasher has a reputation beyond reputebasher has a reputation beyond reputebasher has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lance Armstrong charged with doping by USADA

Quote:
View Post
I find it amazing that anyone could complete a Tour de France race without taking drugs. Physical ability and skill is one thing, but that isn't enough to get you through those grueling weeks.....
Well it seems that are saying that cycling the Tour is not physically possible without drugs, therefore everyone who has ever completed it must have been on drugs. I`m not sure you really mean that do you?
Let`s forget Lance Armstrong for now and take all the riders in the last Tour who were drug free - I believe that most of them were.
Let them ride the Tour and eventually someone is going to win - now let`s just say that the same person wins again the following year and also the year after that - simply because they have that something extra - more will to push further and all round riding strengths - even better cardivascular quality. That rider is then going to come under suspicion for being better than the rest - considerably better.
So even if you could guarantee all the riders being drug free - someone is still going to win.
I guess I am always surprised to hear so many people say that to do the Tour without drugs is not possible.
I did one week of the biggest Pyrenean climbs of the Tour - it almost killed me but I did it. The point is, I am not a trained athlete, I was on a mountian bike with an 12kg rucksack on my back.