View Single Post
Old 19.06.2012, 15:24

Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts
ankurm.2008 has made some interesting contributions
Re: Dependent Visa for Lausanne

Quote:
View Post
Hi,

Sorry to create a new thread. But I became bound to do this as I couldn't find any useful info on this.
I'll be arriving at Lausanne on 1st July. My L12 Work Permit is processed and visa is also delivered.
While applying for the work permit and visa I mentioned that my Wife will be traveling with me and her documents were submitted just yesterday.
Now, Lausanne may have different policy for Work Permit and Visa Processing.
I was asked to submit documents required for Visa Stamping even before I was approved the Work Permit.
Upon getting Work Permit approval I had to submit documents for Visa Stamping all over again.
Just a few point to add -
#1 - Our marriage certificate is already Legalized.
#2 - My Work Permit approval letter is attached with my wife's documents.
#3 - I came to know from a senior of my organization (and the only person with dependent at Lausanne from our company) that no approval came from Vaud canton for her wife's visa processing. The visa was stamped after the documents were submitted (no specific approval came for her).
#4 - Her documents were submitted to VFS, New Delhi yesterday.

Now, can any of my EF friend shed some light on this topic?
Will my wife has to wait for an approval letter or her visa will be stamped directly?

Please provide some info about this.
Thanks!!

Hi,
Situation might have changed now, but a couple of years back, I had to arrive here w/o my spouse, get the actual permit, sign an apartment rental contract etc. Apparently the actual permit , rent contract and latest payslip were considered important piece of document to get an approval for spouse to come over. All in all it took 8 weeks for my spouse to join me and let me tell you , luckily that was when things went smoothly. Not to discourage you , but getting an approval nowadays, as heard, is between 8 - 10 weeks.
Wish you good luck but am not too sure if your spouse can travel along with you.
Cheers
This user would like to thank ankurm.2008 for this useful post: