View Single Post
Old 20.06.2012, 16:43
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 244 Times in 117 Posts
Bucentaure is considered a nuisanceBucentaure is considered a nuisanceBucentaure is considered a nuisance
Re: How long does the Euro have left?

Quote:
View Post
... if this all true i dont have much sympathy for the greeks.
Cannot be that you might have that German thing, could it?

Quote:
View Post
well, i am no finance guru and i am absolutely lost in whats going on in this crisis....but one thing that makes me wondering is: i watched a documentary about Kos/Greece and Bodrum/Turkey.
Attention with German (and non-German) media. Take them maybe as a point of some reference, but never fully trust them. As in modern society they set the agenda (which is an important role), but they have no real interest neither in accuracy in effects and pointing out causes, nor in problem solving.

Quote:
View Post
... they showed how prosperus the 20km away Bodrum is like and how the situation changes for the worse on Kos island/Greece.
We should have asked Herodotus for an advice on cyclical consideration of the issue.

Quote:
View Post
... they spoke to the greece ferry captain who said, he earns 5000 euros (dunno if it was gross or net, but it doesnt matter as this wage is NUTS, overpaid job!)the turkish earns 1200 euros. i have heard that a Greece train driver earns up to 7500 euros in Germany it is maybe 2500-3500 euros gross. wtf??? if thats the case id quit here and start my train driver job now!?
Why? How much do you earn in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
AFAIK the cost of living, housing etc. is not that high in Greece compared to other EU countries, the trainfares are rdiculous low in Greece... so i wonder how on earth do they get such high salaries in Greece as in the EU the wages for such jobs a are lower and the cost of living is even higher?

and what makes me wonder is why do people demonstrate as their wages get cut (it is a bitter pill and i wouldnt like that too, but i could see that 1 and 1 makes 3 with such miss-management, overpaid job) as they still can pay the bills and still (can) save money with the knowledge that they ran the country into a bust?
... which brings me to my point: Who cares about how much a public employee earns in Greece and how efficient public admin was/is (btw how good was it in the Ehemaligen, the beloved GDR?). This is a typical German view on the problem, that is not caused by Greek dolce vita and mediterranean inferiority, but by lacks in European and worldwide cooperation and coordination in financial matters. What really hurts Greece is not that much public administration (which was always bad, not as GDR, but however) but interest rates on international markets and fresh capital. And the link between those gaps and public admin and debts is quite weak actually. And Germany until now is no real part of the solution, but rather part of the real problem, as it seems to be unable or unwilling to any policy that could bring some relief.

Cheers
The following 4 users would like to thank Bucentaure for this useful post: