View Single Post
Old 20.06.2012, 17:11
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 31 Times in 24 Posts
Thanked 1,279 Times in 628 Posts
dino has a reputation beyond reputedino has a reputation beyond reputedino has a reputation beyond reputedino has a reputation beyond reputedino has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How long does the Euro have left?

Quote:
View Post
This is a typical German view on the problem, that is not caused by Greek dolce vita and mediterranean inferiority, but by lacks in European and worldwide cooperation and coordination in financial matters. What really hurts Greece is not that much public administration (which was always bad, not as GDR, but however) but interest rates on international markets and fresh capital. And the link between those gaps and public admin and debts is quite weak actually. And Germany until now is no real part of the solution, but rather part of the real problem, as it seems to be unable or unwilling to any policy that could bring some relief.

Cheers
Quote:
View Post
ok, but above all somebody, some company i-dunno-who must have set a cap for such salaries. if i was a ferry boat captain, for sure i wouldnt say no to 5000euros. i could (at least i try to) understand if a CEO was overpaid, but... this is silly! if this all true i dont have much sympathy for the greeks.
here's an interesting take on the whole Greek tragedy. very long, but well worth the read. Not just soundbites and catchy quotes - it digs into the history and daily life to highlight everything that has gone wrong.

highly recommended.
The following 2 users would like to thank dino for this useful post: