View Single Post
Old 09.07.2012, 17:46
Forum Legend

Groaned at 35 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,858 Posts
Anjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Construction complaints???

Quote:
View Post
Firstly, we are leaving Switzerland at the end of the year, so not able to move to another place. Secondly, after the construction of yet another prefab overlooking our house, we complained to our landlord today and asked if we could at least be notified of projects directly affecting us, and he laughed at us - "I can't tell you everything that is going on" They are very wealthy and are invarialby away themselves, to avoid the noise - just back from a six week holiday. His wife told me "I have problems too - I cannot even use my own swimming pool!!"

Surely it cannot be legal to subject anyone to prolonged noise, dust, obstruction of views and intrusion without giving prior notice, compensation or the possibility of offering alternative accommodation? What is the law?
Quote:
Get in touch with Asloca.ch. They are a renter's mediation body that will be able to tell you your full rights and whether you have any recourse against your landlord.

All sounds a bit unreasonable to me. Any construction work going on round by us is usually notified in writing with telephone numbers in case you need to raise a complaint.
Of course it's not reasonable to expect you to put up with this, nor should you do so.

As we've said, contact ASLOCA.... they'll know exactly what laws are being 'bent' and what can be done about it.
You're a bit stuck if you're moving fairly soon but hopefully they'll be able to negociate at least a rent reduction and rebate.

Good luck!

Last edited by Anjela; 09.07.2012 at 17:46. Reason: Correcting spelling due to finger slippage
This user would like to thank Anjela for this useful post: