View Single Post
Old 20.07.2012, 12:40

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
nachieket has no particular reputation at present
Car Driving - Entry into No Entry Zone with Tram Track

Hi All,

I am not feeling good asking this but this is what happened on my last trip to Zurich, Switzerland. I accidentally drove into a road with Tram Tracks which was not for Public Use (I am assuming as I did not see any other car drivers there). That road led me to Tram station and Tram was waiting for passengers over there. So I just waited behind the Tram and once Tram moved, I slowly moved behind that and got into the Correct Road for Car Drivers. I know that's big shame and this is my first ever such mistake in 13 years of car driving history in four different countries. I really feel sorry for the incident but made sure the people crossing tram tracks were not offended and I was really slow.

I just want to know what can I now expect from Swiss Government? I am fine to pay any fines they ask for. Although I hope that won't be too much to pay for me. Has anybody got into this kind of situation before? Is there any Swiss Website where I can go and check if I have been caught on that road and if they have already issued fine? I live in UK so I think it will take some time for me to receive any fine ticket but I am just getting restless so thought of asking some experts here who know Swiss driving rules.

Many Thanks.