View Single Post
Old 20.07.2012, 15:11
Unbridled Mod

Groaned at 628 Times in 403 Posts
Thanked 16,025 Times in 6,275 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Car Driving - Entry into No Entry Zone with Tram Track

Quote:
View Post
Hi All,

I am not feeling good asking this but this is what happened on my last trip to Zurich, Switzerland. I accidentally drove into a road with Tram Tracks which was not for Public Use (I am assuming as I did not see any other car drivers there). That road led me to Tram station and Tram was waiting for passengers over there. So I just waited behind the Tram and once Tram moved, I slowly moved behind that and got into the Correct Road for Car Drivers. I know that's big shame and this is my first ever such mistake in 13 years of car driving history in four different countries. I really feel sorry for the incident but made sure the people crossing tram tracks were not offended and I was really slow.

I just want to know what can I now expect from Swiss Government? I am fine to pay any fines they ask for. Although I hope that won't be too much to pay for me. Has anybody got into this kind of situation before? Is there any Swiss Website where I can go and check if I have been caught on that road and if they have already issued fine? I live in UK so I think it will take some time for me to receive any fine ticket but I am just getting restless so thought of asking some experts here who know Swiss driving rules.

Many Thanks.
Do you think you could pick me up from the tramstop in Wallisellen at around 4:30pm-5ish...I'd pay you regular fare.
This user would like to thank lost_inbroad for this useful post: