Thread: Gold Buying
View Single Post
Old 30.07.2012, 18:35
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 13 Times in 9 Posts
spalebärg has a reputation beyond reputespalebärg has a reputation beyond reputespalebärg has a reputation beyond reputespalebärg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Gold Buying

Quote:
View Post
OK... so I reckon that Gold prices will go up in the next couple of years. If for no other reason that the indisputable trend has been.. goes up for a while.. bounces around for a while.. goes up for a while.. bounces around for a while.

.. and it's been bouncing around for a while.

So I'm inclined to get some of the stuff...but I'm still confused about the best way forward. Walking into UBS with some cash and walking out with some shiny stuff seems to be the easiest and 'safest' procedure. But some people here think that's not as 'clever' as trading 'shares' in gold.

Could someone please put forward the simple pros and cons of the two options.
One reason for wanting to buy physical gold might be:
That the world is flooded with paper... paper money, US Treasuries, bonds, German Bunds, gold certificates, paper this, that and the other.
If you drop a gold coin on the table it goes *clink*, if you put a gold bar down on the table it goes *clunk*. They are sounds I like. They also mean a lot to some people, like the Indians, the Arabs, nowadays the Chinese but very few people in Western Countries. A great pity I think !!

London Trader - The LBMA Gold Price Fixing Scheme Is Over