View Single Post
Old 23.08.2012, 14:46
cbb's Avatar
cbb cbb is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK (ex CH)
Posts: 421
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 81 Times in 43 Posts
cbb has earned the respect of manycbb has earned the respect of manycbb has earned the respect of many
Re: Cashing in Swiss pension and returning to the UK

1. Prove to Swiss pension company that I am buying a house in the UK
- requires letter from my English solicitor stating I am buying primary residence
- requires copy of land registry and title deeds
- requires signed letter/declaration from me that I am buying primary residence, then countersigned by English solicitor

2. Employed Swiss solicitor as Swiss pension must be released into a Swiss bank account (this appears to be a new EU based law due to money laundering or something). *I think I could have used my personal Swiss account but my bank wanted a ton of assurances- see similar to point 1 and my German was poor and I needed speed*

3. Swiss solicitor (English speaking) required all of the above points in number 1.

4. Admin fees (400 chf) and Swiss Pension tax (1000CHF- on 20,000 chf pension) to be paid to Swiss pension funds.

5. Then money is released after 7 days when all the above has been done.

It more that constant email matching up the chain of people up and sadly the UK side, unable to "speak foreign" can't get their heads round it. It probably took me 6-8 weeks all told to achieve. Fortunately I am a school teacher and was on my summer hols.

JUST REMEMBER - My original pension company said they would never release it so I had to move my libre passage to a company who said they would. CCHECK WITH YOUR PENSION COMPANY FORST THAT THEY WILL EVEN CONSIDER IT.
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank cbb for this useful post: