View Single Post
Old 30.08.2012, 10:56

Groaned at 13 Times in 6 Posts
nikokons has earned some respectnikokons has earned some respect
Re: Using the Swiss Public Transport

Sorry yes you are kind of correct now i also see the tickets, the trip was from basel airport to lausanne second class -136CHF.
Yet i still do consider, for a distance of 195km that the price is very very expensive.
For example in the netherlands a similar distance without a card, would be 46 euros return (groningen-amsterdam, www.ns.nl)..and 17 euros in greece (thessaloniki-volos, www.ose.gr) and in order to factor those salary wise, my disposable salary will be 2300-2500CHF in switzerland, and was 1200 euros in the NL and 900euros in greece (after substracting accomodaton in similar housing)... thus if we factor everything both in absolute and/or relative values sbb is quite expensive.

To the last comment...i dont think you can be posh on a train...even first class, it is a quite basic means of transport..a mercedes S-class, jaguar..maybe helicopter..this would be posh (at least for me)

Quote:
View Post
Odd,

If you go to SBB Fahrplan then there is no such price, neither 1st (Fr.208.-) or 2nd class (Fr.122.-) this without halbtax.
This user would like to thank nikokons for this useful post: