View Single Post
Old 30.08.2012, 11:03
Forum Legend

Groaned at 354 Times in 242 Posts
Thanked 12,282 Times in 4,208 Posts
AbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Using the Swiss Public Transport

Quote:
View Post
Sorry yes you are kind of correct now i also see the tickets, the trip was from basel airport to lausanne second class -136CHF.
Yet i still do consider, for a distance of 195km that the price is very very expensive.
For example in the netherlands a similar distance without a card, would be 46 euros return (groningen-amsterdam, www.ns.nl)..and 17 euros in greece (thessaloniki-volos, www.ose.gr) and in order to factor those salary wise, my disposable salary will be 2300-2500CHF in switzerland, and was 1200 euros in the NL and 900euros in greece (after substracting accomodaton in similar housing)... thus if we factor everything both in absolute and/or relative values sbb is quite expensive.

To the last comment...i dont think you can be posh on a train...even first class, it is a quite basic means of transport..a mercedes S-class, jaguar..maybe helicopter..this would be posh (at least for me)
You obviously never used the train in Britain.

If you travel regularly by train and tram a Halbtax card may be a worthwhile investment...