View Single Post
Old 02.09.2012, 22:02
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 21 Times in 8 Posts
OBone has earned the respect of manyOBone has earned the respect of manyOBone has earned the respect of many
Billed 260CHF to change a light bulb!

Hi All,

I seem to have an interesting situation with my letting agent whereby there seems to be confusion over the changing of a light bulb which has ended up with them sending us a bill for 260CHF.

in our bathroom, we have an enclosed light which is attached to the bathroom cabinet which had gone. Given the general rules in CH, i was always told that if the fixture was part of the apartments fixtures, fittings & appliance (i.e. i could not take it with me when i move out) then the agent is responsible. I'm sure they would complain if when i moved out i took the entire bathroom cabinet with me!

I took a look at the unit but couldn't see how the light came apart without forcing (and probably breaking it) so i called the agent and asked whether i need to change it and if so, where should i get the bulbs from. The agent said they would send someone round to take a look

next think i know an electrician had been out and change the bulb and i get a bill for 260 CHF on the door matt

Have i been caught out here or is the agent trying it on? the agent never said that they would send someone and that i would need to pay - as if they did i would have done it myself.

cheers