View Single Post
Old 03.09.2012, 11:05
FriendlyKiwi's Avatar
FriendlyKiwi FriendlyKiwi is offline
Forum Veteran
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Shoppinzentrum
Posts: 1,782
Groaned at 19 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 914 Times in 551 Posts
FriendlyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFriendlyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFriendlyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFriendlyKiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Billed 260CHF to change a light bulb!

View Post
in our bathroom, we have an enclosed light which is attached to the bathroom cabinet which had gone. Given the general rules in CH, i was always told that if the fixture was part of the apartments fixtures, fittings & appliance (i.e. i could not take it with me when i move out) then the agent is responsible. I'm sure they would complain if when i moved out i took the entire bathroom cabinet with me!

I took a look at the unit but couldn't see how the light came apart without forcing (and probably breaking it) so i called the agent and asked whether i need to change it and if so, where should i get the bulbs from. The agent said they would send someone round to take a look
Small repairs (= under 300 CHF) - such as changing of light bulbs - are done by the tenant.
Bathroom cabinets are designed to have the lamps readily replaced.
Maybe you didn't know how to take the cover off - sometimes they are not easy to figure out. I've done mine a few times, replaced faulty fluorescent tubes. Once you know the trick to remove the lamp cover it is easy.

If the problem was an electrical fault e.g. a faulty ballast on a fluorescent tube, where an electrician is required to fix it, then you would need the sparky. However even here, if the repair is under 300 CHF then the tenant is expected to pay.
Warning: may contain traces of nuts.
Reply With Quote