View Single Post
Old 01.02.2008, 05:14
Banned

Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Aussie is considered unworthyAussie is considered unworthyAussie is considered unworthy
Re: Help! Preparation of Marriage Visa/Fiancee Visa

Woah...
Ok so I will probably have to go through all of this in the near future, but I was under the impression you could make the application even when you are in the country, but you need the date set etc. You can also wait in the country until the approval/rejection is made, even if it goes past your original visa expiry dates...

At least this was the impression I got when I was there and made enquiries.....

So you are saying you have to LEAVE the country, then make all the applications, wait for an approval and then you can enter?? Why can't you enter and be on a tourist visa and just be approved from there? What's the difference, and why the hell does the government get to tell us where and how we can be together?! I hate beuracracy, and this just seems like red tape and government dancing hooplas!!

Ok that's my rant, but seriously, what is the real deal and where do you get some seriously solid reliable information on this, because I have been told 3 different things in 3 different visits to the immigration office, and now it seems another different thing someone is experiencing!?

How do I get my hands on the real deal? Is there some info on a swiss government website in english, or at worst, in french?!