View Single Post
Old 13.09.2012, 15:15
Forum Legend

Groaned at 27 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 7,036 Times in 3,912 Posts
jrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ch resident non eu : do i need travel insurance for a short trip to eu country?

Medical insurance = Your CH KVG ( Medical Insurance ) might likely cover emergencies. Check with your insurer.

Travel insurance: will likely be a supplement or additional. It depends on your preference. Would you like to pay a few CHFs or EURs to be indemnified against delays, emergency evacuation etc. ? For a trip lasting a few days within the EU, it might not be worth it for some.

I am non-EU in CH but have travel insurance from Germany ( I find the claim process to be straight forward and far less in terms of costs of premiums ). I got it for EUR17 with Deutsche Bahn when I opted for EUR17 insurance with ERV with my BahnCard 25. Just today, I got back EUR137 owing to a train delay ( of 5 hours ) in München that required an overnight stay ( when they defused a WW2 bomb and traffic issues arose ). They paid my phone bills, internet top ups, dinner, breakfast and the hotel stay.

Related thread:

Additional health insurance for private hospital in mexico