View Single Post
Old 13.09.2012, 17:53
windycityfamily windycityfamily is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 30
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 19 Times in 8 Posts
windycityfamily has no particular reputation at present
Re: Self employment for EU citizens.

Hi, I am in a similar situation: looking to gain status of "self-employed". Apparently they don't make it easy. I visited the AHV in Zurich and got a broshure that lists conditions that you have to meet. The hurdle for me is documenting multiple clients through invoices and/or contracts. The other option for us crazy people living in CH and working outside the country is to register as "Arbeitnehmende eines nicht beitragspflichtigen Arbeitgebers (ANOBAG)". Someone who is working for a company that is not obliged to pay into the Swiss Social Security. As with being self-employed you will be required to pay in yourself. HOWEVER... I don't think that this will get you the tax benefits you would have as a self employed person. For that you will need to prove that you meet the self-employed conditions.
I hope this is somewhat helpful. Good Luck!
Reply With Quote