View Single Post
Old 20.09.2012, 21:19
Girl in Basel Girl in Basel is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Basel
Posts: 12
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Girl in Basel has no particular reputation at present
Re: ch resident non eu : do i need travel insurance for a short trip to eu country?

I also have a similar question...
I am an EU citizen, however this is because my mother is English, and hence I was able to get citizenship. I have never acutally lived in United Kingdom before. I am Australian. Because of this I am unable to get the European Health Insurance Card.

I move to Switzerland soon and will be studying at university, and have found a nice deal with Swiss Care health insurance. However my boyfriend will be living in Germany and I will be making regular trips to visit him.

From what I have read above, it seems I may be covered for accidents or emergency services whilst in Germany. Is this correct?

I guess I should also talk to my insurance company about this too but just wanted to see what people think here.
Reply With Quote