Thread: Holiday Rights
View Single Post
Old 22.09.2012, 09:05
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 51 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 1,742 Times in 719 Posts
simplon has a reputation beyond reputesimplon has a reputation beyond reputesimplon has a reputation beyond reputesimplon has a reputation beyond reputesimplon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Holiday Rights

Quote:
View Post
I have a question and hope that somebody on here will be able to help me. I work full-time and I am entitled to 20 days holiday a year. Yesterday, I received a form from work announcing when the company will be closed for holidays next year. I was informed that I will have to have these particular weeks/days off and it will come off my holiday allowance. Now if this was just the case for a week or so I wouldn't complain. Unfortunately, these weeks cover about 90% of my holiday allowance. My best mate in England is getting married next year and theoretically speaking I won't be able to go as I have no holidays left. Is it actually legal to order the employees when exactly they have to take all of their holiday allowance? Surely I should be able to decide myself when I want some of my days off. Thanks for any help.
By law the employer can order date and duration of the holidays. He has to announce it well in advance and to take into consideration the situation of families with children in school. (Art. 329d OR)

Last edited by simplon; 22.09.2012 at 09:12. Reason: Adding the law text
This user would like to thank simplon for this useful post: