View Single Post
Old 04.02.2008, 11:26
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 26 Times in 16 Posts
HTD has a reputation beyond reputeHTD has a reputation beyond reputeHTD has a reputation beyond reputeHTD has a reputation beyond reputeHTD has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Low Cost Airline - 1p Seat Give Away Con ??!!

Quote:
View Post
The low-cost model is excellent in my opinion. Very transparent - but you have to understand that there is always airport tax and fuel surcharges and now a charge per bag.

Great.

I am happy to not pay for crap food that I would not eat - it's doing a little for the environment too.

I am relatively happy to take my chances as to whether I sit with anyone I am travelling with for the next two hours.

I don't see the problem, to be honest. Surely nobody really expects the cost for three people to be 3p?
Granted it's the extreme variation of activity based costing, on the other hand it doesn't appear to be doing the airline much good - I would much prefer to pay 25 per flight excl. taxes rather than have the feeling that I'm paying over the nose for things like credit card transaction costs (which are 3-4% in the rest of the world and 26 for Ryanair) or being forced to check in a bag at 24 a shot.