View Single Post
Old 04.02.2008, 20:43

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tarussa has no particular reputation at present
Re: I can help with Swiss German

Klorenz, I really need your help, nobody has been able to answer my question. But first I'd like to tell you about my problem. I live and work in Moscow, often come to Bern on a business trip and for rest. We have a lot of friends here and last year we bought a flat in Unterseen ( Westwern Interlaken). My new neighbour was so charming and gave me a word to learn English for me. Of course, I couldn't help giving him a word to learn Swiss German. But I don't speak high German and have no time for language schools. We are going to Switzerland in July and I'd like to learn at least some of the most useful words and expressions. Almost all books I have are for a Zurich dialect as well as Eurotalk CD. I think that I have a book you have mentioned but it seems to be for an intermediate level. Which books or CD could you advise (for a Bernese dialect)? I can ask my friends to find and send them. In my thoughts I see my neighbours speaking English, I can't help help keeping my word.I found BBC course of German and began studying but I'd prefer Swiss German. I'd be very grateful if you could help me.