View Single Post
Old 05.02.2008, 00:07
Forum Legend

Groaned at 18 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 6,832 Times in 2,058 Posts
Oldhand has a reputation beyond reputeOldhand has a reputation beyond reputeOldhand has a reputation beyond reputeOldhand has a reputation beyond reputeOldhand has a reputation beyond reputeOldhand has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Low Cost Airline - 1p Seat Give Away Con ??!!

Quote:
View Post
Uh, do you mean a return flight ? Because I just paid about that (CHF130) each way for ZRH -> LHR -> ZRH and that was with BA, typically far from the cheapest available (but I'm trying to build up some Frequently Flyer points before June).

Gatwick was noticably cheaper than Heathrow - but we would well and truly make up the difference in flight costs getting from Gatwick to our friends in London, vs going from Heathrow.

Coming from Australia, it's incredible how cheap flying around Europe is. We originally had visions of catching the train all over the place "on the cheap", but it's far, far cheaper to fly (now we're more interested in the train to get more seat room and to avoid an hour or two at the airport departing and arriving).
Inland flights were really expensive in Australia when i was there. Trains didn't exist in the region I was working. I remember phoning my Mum and her saying "I think you should pop over and see my brother and his family while your there! Yeah right, I was working in the Eastern Gold fields of Western Australia her brother lived an 8 hour flight away!
How do you tell your Mum it's the same distance as flying to Kenya from Switzerland! I'm trying to remember the airlines name that flew from Kalgoorlie to Perth was it Anzec? it was something beginning with A